Your skin is your body’s largest organ. What you eat, how you sleep, the exercise you do, and the skincare products you use all have a huge impact on how you your skin functions, and how you look.
Here’s our five top tips to Detox Your Skin.
- Cut out alcohol, sugars and salt. Increase antioxidant intake with foods such as acai, berries, tomatoes and leafy greens. A green juice once a day is a quick way to top up your vitamins and antioxidants. Increase water intake with a minimum of two liters per day.
- Each person needs a different amount of sleep per night – ideally somewhere between 7 – 9 hours. This time is important for your body to heal, regenerate, rebalance your hormones and detox your mind. Make sure you plan your day to get enough sleep.
- Sweating each day will open up the pores and purge the body of toxins. Exercise increases the blood circulation, boosts endorphins, and detoxes the body aiding liver function. Post exercise do ensure that you cleanse the sweat off your face and body. Try to avoid normal soaps or shower gel that could disrupt your skins pH balance. Look for a gentle, mineral and vitamin infused cleanser such as the Proverb Cleanse & Shave Nutrient Mud.
- Exfoliation is key to detoxing your skin. Gentle exfoliation can help slough off the top layer of dead skin cells encouraging new skin production. Try to exfoliate once or twice a week, on a non-shave day. Use a facial exfoliant such as the Proverb Skin Definition Scrub, and dry your body briskly with a towel after your show to aide body exfoliation and dead skin cell removal.
CUT THE TOXIC CHEMICALS.
- Your skin absorbs up to 70% of what you put on it’s important to look for skincare without synthetic chemicals. Avoid anything with petroleums, parabens, SLS, artificial fragrances and sodium lauryl sulphate. Basically check the ingredients list as you would the ingredients of something you eat. If you don’t recognise it go onto ewg.org and check it out.
Plus remember looking after your skin is a long game, while detoxing you might initially see skin flare up or react, stick with it, within two weeks you should start to see the benefits.
Proverb: GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN.
Follow our series of Proverb MIND, PT and GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN for more insights and info on how to maximise your personal performance.